Thursday, February 28, 2013

This Week

In my personal life this week has been very busy and stressful. Despite all that hasa been going on I still have been focusing on preparing for my classes. Not knowing what tomorrow will bring makes me focus and prepare for everything in advance.

This week has been busy, but great at BC3. I got to teach two different lessons on Tuesday in my field experience class. The students made state stamps and we played "popcorn spelling" for review. For the first lesson I included technology by having the students research facts about the state they had selected. Here is where I found the original idea for the lesson, This went really well and the students had a blast. Here is my finished display of their stamps. 



The students really enjoyed this lesson. They loved getting to go on the computers for something besides Study Island and Spelling City. Their final projects were beyond my expectations. Next week will be bitter sweet for me. It is my last week with this class. The following week I will be going into the third grade for the rest of the semester. I made them all gift bags as a goodbye gift and I am making a couple of gifts for my cooperating teacher. This is what the gift bags look like. They each are getting pencils, erasers, a pencil sharpener, stickers, a notebook, pop point crayon, and a shape tracing bookmark.

In my other classes we are preparing for midterms and Spring Break. We are learning about infant development. So far I have not seen much opportunity to incorporate this class into my other courses. I am using technology, but it is general programs that I have been using for years, Word, Excel, and Firefox.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! That's awesome that you're taking in gifts for the students. I think rewards are very important in the learning atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete