Friday, February 22, 2013

A Twitter Find

This week as part of my Technology for Education class I created a professional twitter and connected to many professionals in the field to see what they are doing and come up with ideas for my classroom. While going through my twitter feed I found a lot of things that I think could be useful in the future. I found an interesting post by Brad Wilson. In this tweet he linked to a webpage about an app he created for the iPad. The app is called Write About This. The app is intended to get children writing. It provides a picture to accompany a writing prompt.
 A prompt from the app.
 
This is the apps homescreen.


I think that this would me great for my future classroom to encourage them to be more comfortable with writing. It also allows teachers the opportunity to create their own prompts. I think this would be useful in my writing center as well as to connect it to a projector to provide the whole class with the prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment